Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Groundhog Day

Skip ahead to Feb. 2nd... All day I was having a strange feeling that something was different.  I was determined to come home and test AGAIN.  Revealing that news of testing yet again, after two negatives was comical to Keith.... but he didn't talk me out of it.  
Funny... because I kept thinking of the movie Groundhog Day and how he goes through the same thing over and over and over... hence the repeated negative pregnancy tests.
We planned to go to Outback for dinner with my mom that evening so I had to make it quick.  Again, I knew my chances of getting that ominous second line on the test were slim, since I was testing at night, and also after testing twice this cycle with negative results.  Still... nothing was stopping me from taking that test.
The usual 5 minutes went by and I returned back to the test.  However this time, it looked faintly different than the many negatives before.... a faint second line appeared where usually nothing appeared before.  I yelled downstairs to Keith, who trudged upstairs to see what the hell my problem was.  I needed clarification or just someone to deter me from my hallucination.
Looking at the look on his face though, I knew it wasn't a hallucination I was having, unless I had roped him in too.  He saw it too..
"What does a faint second line mean?" we both were wondering.... so google we did.  Turns out - any second line is a second line = POSITIVE... faint or not.
Our Groundhog Day curse was over.  We were finally able to live out our experience of getting a positive test, like we'd tried so many times (or so it has seemed) before. 
We went out to dinner with mom about 10 minutes later... and I couldn't mention it.  We were too worried that this was a fluke.  We'd decided to re-test the next morning.


You must understand that at this point, neither one of us could believe what was happening.  We were still in denial and adopting a pessimistic outlook, but still holding onto an ounce of confidence in that poor faint line.
After coming home from Outback, we both couldn't stop smiling at each other. We couldn't help but think... This might be it.
Believe it or not... I resisted the temptation to test again that night........
Until 1:00 am.. haha
I didn't sleep hardly at all anyway, so at 1:00 am I decided I'd waited long enough.  I got up and took another test.
ANOTHER faint line = positive!
4:00 am - Keith's alarm went off and I jumped out of bed to take another test... he still didn't know about the 1:00 am positive.  4:00 am's test yielded yet another faint POSITIVE line!!!! "When did you take another test?" -- he had found the second one... I confessed my mid-night's weakness.


Unfortunately, Keith had to leave shortly after, but he left with both of us knowing... WE DID IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment