So it's week 17 and we're getting VERY VERY excited!!!
The past few appointments have been uneventful... I've gone in hoping to have a sonogram, only to hear the baby's heartbeat and being sent on my way. It's been disappointing to not see my little one in a while, but the good thing is, he or she is definitely in there movin around.
In fact, I've started feeling the movements A LOT! We went to the Blue Crabs (our minor league baseball team) game the other night and stayed for the fireworks and Baby Henley went nuts! I cannot believe (even though I know this early the baby is so small that its impossible) that with this much movement, we cannot see it from the outside. I cannot WAIT until that happens!
The worst part recently is that I have a UTI - I won't go into details... I've never had one before and it's not necessarily the most fun. The good news is that there are antibiotics that are safe for pregnancy - so I'm on one.. Everyone keeps saying 'so are you sleeping better now that you're not getting up every 5 minutes to pee at night?' and I just look at this blankly, because that has NOT happened.
Ok... so the exciting upcoming news is that Monday we have our second specialist appointment and we're pretty much guaranteed to have a sonogram.... which means..... :-)
We SHOULD be able to find out the gender on Monday!!!!!! ...if the baby cooperates... which I'm hoping he/she will!
Get your votes in soon! We have a poll on our page! hehe
However, if we do find out.. though we will release THAT info... we've decided to keep our possible names a secret for now. To be honest, I just don't want to hear other's comments/points of view on our choices... they're OUR choices.... and people will have opinions - some that I won't necessarily appreciate. =) so for now its a secret =)
Those of you that have seen me and have seen my recent picture on facebook see that the baby bump is QUITE a bump. It's tight, hard and sore. I can feel it stretching and itching and growing -- especially at night.
I have a sneaking suspicion that if I'm this big at 4 months... I'm going to be a WHALE at 9 months. I know its silly but I'm afraid my belly button is going to 'pop' to an outty.. outties creep me out! haha - and mine is getting VERY shallow so I think its only a matter of time before Baby Henley PUSHES it out of her/his way.
I've even had some people say to me, "Are you sure you're not having twins?"... which I know they don't mean negatively... yes.. I'm sure.
The crazy thing is I haven't gained a single pound. My doctor doesn't seem concerned... but I'm just baffled. I'm huge! (for 4 months in my opinion)... and still maintaining my weight (which is still less than it was before I found out I was pregnant)... oh well! I guess I should be thankful for it now because like I said - I'll probably be one of those women that ends up gaining like 100 pounds and needs a crane to lift her out of bed.
It's going to be a lonnnnnng summer I think. =)
Ok - pregnancy highlights time:
Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 17 weeks
Size of Baby: 5-6 inches approx. - the size of a large onion (I'll have exact measurements on Monday I'm hoping)
Total Weight Gain: -9 pounds still (see above in blog for explanation)... from now on I've decided I'm going to "restart" my starting weight at what I am now... so let's say that I've gained 0 as of right now.... so my fellow pregnancy buddies don't hate me
Maternity Clothes: There are still some clothes of my own (original clothes) that I can still wear - I'm trying to wear them as much as possible for now. But pants I'm pretty much going full-maternity now.
Movement: Feels like popping popcorn inside of me - especially during fireworks!
Sleep: sleeping better now that I'm using my "Snoogle" pillow 100% of the time - cannot roll over on my stomach at all now and sleeping on my back wakes me up from back pain
Symptoms: worst one recently is that my stomach ITCHES and I can feel it stretching
What I Miss: Carib...mmm - and real pain medication. Tylenol doesn't cut it for back pain... and lifting things... I feel totally helpless that I cannot clean and lift and move stuff
Cravings: Still craving the greasy fast food but not eating it as much... also majorly craving ice cream/smoothies (especially Dairy Queen strawberry smoothies)
Best Moment of the Week: finding out that a VERY good friend of mine is preggo TOO!!!! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment